Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday Update

Hello everyone. Lots to talk about for this upcoming week so what I'm going to do is get a little anal and make a list!

1) LOGLINE CONTEST - An idea I wanna throw out there is a monthly (or bi-monthly?) logline contest. Where you guys would send in your loglines and I would pick the top 5 and publish them at the end of the month. I know there are some industry people who read the site so who knows, maybe someone will spot your logline and request a read. I'm looking for ideas to help writers in general so let me know by e-mail or in the comments section if that's something you'd be interested in. If not, give me other ideas!

2) INTERVIEW - This Wednesday will be Scriptshadow's first interview. Not only will it be an interview, but it will be an interview with one of the writers from my Top 10 list. Should be exciting so tune in for that.

2.5) MEDIAFIRE SUCKS - Mediafire seems to be run by the same people who run Norton Utilities because it rarely ever works. I'm going to give them one more week (since all my files are already on there) and then I'll look for another file-linking solution. In the meantime, keep trying. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to work.

3) I LOVE YOU - You guys have been so generous. In the past couple of weeks you've sent me over 75 scripts, many of them scripts that I asked for. You can probably do the math. Only 5 reviews a week. With those scripts alone it will take me 15 weeks to review them all. So just because I don't review them right away doesn't mean I'm not thankful. I wish I could read them all tomorrow. But these things take time.

4) ODYSSEUS - Don't forget to check out the very first Saturday Scriptshadow review if you missed it. It's from the new spec that sold to WB on Friday called "Odysseus". A nice surprise for you and a nice surprise for me. Scroll down to read it.

5) SCRIPTS I'M LOOKING FOR - As always, keep checking the "Scripts I Need" list over to the right. If you have a script on there, please send it. I have a lot but I want more. MORE I SAY!

6) YOU'VE DEMANDED MORE HORROR - Many people have written in and demanded that I review more horror. Horror isn't really my thing so I've recurited some outsiders to help in that department. These guys know their horror and I'm hoping they'll be able to contribute regularly. Expect their reviews some time within the next week or two.

7) MEDIEVAL - Don't forget to read Medieval and comment on Scott and I's dual review this Friday. Early feedback tells me this is going to get ugly. In fact, not one person has said anything good about it, lol.

8) BLOG TO CHECK OUT - Last but not least, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a blog that I check out regularly. It's called Nick's Pix, and it's just a great blog about movies in general. Tons of great reviews. He always finds cool little things to check out. I highly recommend it so go there now! Nick's blog ------ but then, like, make sure you come back at some point. :)